- Howard Greenberg at the Samuel Dorsky Museum in New Paltz;
- Afternoon of a Faun, a documentary about New York City Ballet dancer Tanaquil Le Clercq, at the National Museum of Dance in Saratoga Springs;
- And, ceramics workshops at the Hudson Valley Pottery School and Studio in Rhinebeck.
Find more at Upstater.com.
Writers in the Mountains (WIM) invites authors residing in, working in, or otherwise connected to the Catskills and Hudson Valley regions to a literary arts and community event and celebration we call “Meet the Authors,” the third in our series of annual book festivals. This year the event takes place on Sunday, April 24, from 12 noon to 4 p.m. at the Union Grove Distillery in Arkville, NY, an exciting new enterprise in the area. Union Grove is housed in a big old barnlike building featuring comfortable spaces fitted with stainless steel and copper and wood, a roaring fireplace, and the percolation of fine spirits—all making for a perfect environment in which to listen to, talk about, and think about books and writing.
Building upon the past two years’ success of our literary fair and fare, regional authors and other authors who have a connection to the Catskill Mountains and Hudson Valley are once again invited to join us. Come to sell your books, promote your work, and network with fellow writers and publishing professionals. Authors attending are also heartily invited (although not required) to give readings, as part of the lively program of presentations and entertainment throughout the afternoon. This year’s keynote speaker is Rosie Schaap, author of the celebrated memoir Drinking with Men as well as the “Drink” column for The New York Times magazine.
Participating authors will receive additional exposure and visibility for their works through the marketing materials (space ads, calendar listings, posters and flyers) and media appearances (Facebook, Twitter, and WIM is very active at local radio station WIOX) associated with this event. A light breakfast will be served for participants the day of the event. The fee to join us is only $35.
For more information, visit writersinthemountains.org, or contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (845) 594-3548. Registration deadline is April 3, 2016.
Writers in the Mountains is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization with a mission to provide a nurturing environment for the practice, appreciation, and sharing of creative writing. Online at writersinthemountains.org.
- Richard Edelman’s Stolen Portraits at the Center for Photography at Woodstock;
- Stitch and Sip: Samplers 1.0 Quilting Workshop at Olana;
- And, New York in Bloom at the New York State Museum in Albany.
Read more at Upstater.com.
- Mark Gruber Gallery in New Platz is hosting Looking Back – 40 Years, 40 Themes art show;
- Catskill Jazz Factory presents a Valentine’s Cabaret Evening in Tannersville;
- And, the town of Tannersville is hosting its fifth annual Ice Sculpture Festival.
Learn more at Upstater.com.
- Several art shows at the WAAM in Woodstock;
- A traditional Ice Harvest Festival at Hanford Mills Museum in East Meredith;
- And the City of Cooperstown’s annual Winter Carnival.
Find more at Upstater.com.